Search the forum,

Discuss Chip & Pin Card reader in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtsplumbing

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi Guys any of you got or tried the SUMUP card reader available from the gas safety shop, £20. + 1.9% per transaction no rental costs involved

I’ve got an izettle, 1.75% per transaction, and paid into your account with in 48 hrs,

I've had a card reader for a number of years now. You can count on one hand how many times it had been used! Much prefer a bank transfer, PayPal or good old cash. Dont know why but my customers seem to prefer PayPal or a bank transfer and very very rarely ask if they can pay by card. But at least I can take card payment on the rare occasion. But I charge them an extra £1.50 for card payment being a Yorkshireman an all. Deep pockets n short arms us Yorkshire folk.

I've had a card reader for a number of years now. You can count on one hand how many times it had been used! Much prefer a bank transfer, PayPal or good old cash. Dont know why but my customers seem to prefer PayPal or a bank transfer and very very rarely ask if they can pay by card. But at least I can take card payment on the rare occasion. But I charge them an extra £1.50 for card payment being a Yorkshireman an all. Deep pockets n short arms us Yorkshire folk.
Being a Yorkshire Man I'm surprised that you have pockets :rolleyes:

I wanted to take a payment over the phone the other week (dodgy sounding new customer) and I looked at the virtual card payment thing. £9-95 per month and a small transaction fee, rolling contract so you can come and go as you please.

Can you take card payments over the phone with the things you two have?

I've had the sumup for a couple of months. I did a test transaction of £1 and I had 98p in my bank within a few hours. Then I charged a customer and he got sent an automatic receipt which he liked. Then after a few weeks I tried to use use but got my Knicks in a knot and couldn't get connections. It's blue tooth and GPS but I think I did them in the wrong order so it didn't connect. Anyway came home did another test and it worked fine.... So, I think when I can get it in my head how to work it, it'll be fine and the 2% charge is ok for small amounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Chip & Pin Card reader in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock