Search the forum,

Discuss coil/spring inside rad??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ayesha

Hi everyone, as i was dissconecting my radiator from the pipes (to clean and paint it)i discovered some kind of coil type spring about six-eight inches long coming out of the tap valve. (bottom end)it was quite easy to remove but ive never seen one of these in the past.Out of curiosity, whats it for? :rolleyes:

They are normally associated with micro bore system of C/heating where dual wheel head and lock shield valves were employed. or where one end of a radiator was used for both flow and return connections, designed so as when inserted the circulating water did not short circuit and passed through the whole of the panel area. Note some guys used copper pipe and as a result over time the electrolysis that take place between dissimilar metals corrodes the panel radiator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to coil/spring inside rad??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock