Search the forum,

Discuss Cold water seems fine , no hot. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DonRoberto

Afternoon all, looking for some advice please, Hot water was fine this morning now barely dribbles out, cold is fine.
I have complete New system from 2009
(Rebuild ) Heatrae megaflow and main system 28 HE boiler, pressure on boiler is 1.5 bar, boiler firing, heating working, no apparent water leaks anywhere, only strange thing, water pressure in fridge water dispenser dropped and upstairs loo inlet valve started making strange screeching sound, demons !?? Any advice really appreciated please

Might be blocked inlet filters on all three items. It can happen, especially if the water board have been working nearby on the water mains..

Cold water pressure still seems OK, when hot tap first opened there is a head of water which quickly turns to dribble.?

No works logged with water company and can't see any, new housing estate just starting couple of roads away ?

Hi Chuck, thanks for your reply, just done that, seems stationary ?
Okay, that's eliminated the (costly) possibility of a big leak on your side of the meter.

Is there a check valve (non return valve) in a feed that is common to the affected outlets?

Megaflos are unvented systems so the most likely possibilities I can think of need a plumber who is 'G3 qualified' to investigate and fix. For safety reasons, don't be tempted to DIY such a system.

It is probably a problem with the combination valve as chuck said you need a G3 engineer to strip it out and replace if necessary. Cheers kop

It will most probably be the combination valve, you G3 engineer might be able to strip down and clean otherwise a new combination valve.

Thank you all so much for your replies, sorry it took so long to reply. I got in touch with the water company suspecting low pressure which they said they had no record of that, then their Tech dept got back to me and said to open cold tap and leave running then turn off and on quickly at main stopcock 6 times, I did this and the hot came back on, problem solved I thought, but it has happened 3 more times since then which I have solved each time following the same procedure. I got back on to them and they now say they are sending an engineer out next week to check, mains pressure still does not seem as strong as it was before all this, is your advice still the same please ?
Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cold water seems fine , no hot. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock