Search the forum,

Discuss Combi Boiler for Heat Only in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, just looking for a bit of advice on how you would plumb a combi for a heat only system. Hot water currently fed off the Aga cooker, looking at a combi for price/value/ease as opposed to a Heat only.

you need one draw off eg one hot tap

What sort of gas will it be running on, ? you will need min one tap to draw hot water, Intergas is a good bet, if running on LPG

Im still a bit sceptical of glow worm but they're offering 10 year warranties so must be better than they were.

That will be my gaffers problem. Its not a hard water area, system cleaned and a magnaclean/inhibitor used. They will get out of it if they really want to. Some warranties aren't worth the paper theyre printed on.

Hi, just looking for a bit of advice on how you would plumb a combi for a heat only system. Hot water currently fed off the Aga cooker, looking at a combi for price/value/ease as opposed to a Heat only.

Why not use a system Boiler?

Why not use a system Boiler?

It’s an old cottage that already has a hot water system ran off the Aga and the bills are rediculously cheap and pipework all hidden so ideally don’t want to start creating a bigger job than what’s needed.
There’s no heating system and there’s only going to be 3-5 radiators installed with limited pipework so I’m my opinion makes sense to buy a combi because of the ease/cost compared to a heat only but needed to know what to do with the hot water feed because I’ve never been in a similar situation.

System boiler unless they have use for the hot from a combi

Do you mean heat only?

Yes a heat only System boiler, that way you don't have to bother with the cold feed & hot water side at all and just needs a filling loop anywhere it's convenient, condensate. blow off, gas and the CH pipes. Where As a regular heat only will require the F&E as well. And the combi needs all the above minus (F&E)+ a cold feed and hot water piped up to at least one tap.

I once went to do a job organised by someone else.
They had ordered a heat only system boiler.
A heat only boiler was needed and a system boiler was delivered. Who was wrong organiser or merchant? :D

I once went to do a job organised by someone else.
They had ordered a heat only system boiler.
A heat only boiler was needed and a system boiler was delivered. Who was wrong organiser or merchant? :D

That hurts my head a bit!
I think your organiser wanted a regular boiler?
A system Boiler is heat only, just like a regular boiler.
Same job, less work, less thought, less skill required.
In My Opinion.

I do prefer a traditional system as I am not a fan of combis at all even though we fit them. What I am sometimes cautious over is pressurizing old system pipe work when going from open bent to sealed with a system

With a huge get out close. I heard that the first thing they do is a water test.
The Vaillant group do, they do a Turbidity test,<even if you have fitted a magnetic filter on central heating return,scale reducer on cold inlet,powerflushed,cleaner and inhibitor ect to benchmark standards>and tell the costumer for example that the divertor valve<most common leak on all new combi boilers and all manufactures suffer this problem> is leaking because of poor central heating water quality.You then try and ask Vaillant where the water sample as been taken from they cant tell you!and they dont have a set procedure for taking a water sample.
Ideal and Baxi in my experience change the divertor valve no issues and dont slate the installers who have followed benchmark standards.

The Vaillant group do, they do a Turbidity test,<even if you have fitted a magnetic filter on central heating return,scale reducer on cold inlet,powerflushed,cleaner and inhibitor ect to benchmark standards>and tell the costumer for example that the divertor valve<most common leak on all new combi boilers and all manufactures suffer this problem> is leaking because of poor central heating water quality.You then try and ask Vaillant where the water sample as been taken from they cant tell you!and they dont have a set procedure for taking a water sample.
Ideal and Baxi in my experience change the divertor valve no issues and dont slate the installers who have followed benchmark standards.
Never had an issue Vaillant. They are awesome. However never really had to call them out.

I have an Intergas rapid 32, hot water fed from a dual coil unvented cylinder, one coil on solar the other fed from my wood burner. Hot water from tank goes through the combi combi fires if its below 55 degrees. Also has a thermostic blending valve before the combi to ensure the water is no higher than 60 degrees going through the boiler. Intergas can be programmed for heat only system, vented or combi with parameter changes. Good boiler i fit loads, glow worm warranties are a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi Boiler for Heat Only in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello, I have a gas boiler in my apartment that heats a net area of 300 m2 with an underfloor heating system. The boiler has a capacity of 45 kW. There's no issue with the heating system, but I want to increase the hot water capacity. I plan to connect an external 200-liter boiler. How can I...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a recommendation for a heat only boiler to replace my 30yrs old ideal boiler. Any makes you would recommend and any to avoid? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking for a heating engineer to diagnose and resolve an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 combi boiler. Job Location: Copeland Rd, London. Job Description: Problem: The boiler is not providing heating under normal conditions, although hot water supply is fine. Interestingly...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater systems in the house. This boiler was replaced by a combi boiler as it only heats the lounge and master bed and provides hot water to en-suite bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Hi I am Tony and I qualified as a gas engineer last March but I have only just fitted my first boiler today. I converted a heat only to a combi. I am new to the industry and would value any help that can be sent my way. đź‘Ť
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock