Search the forum,

Discuss Combi boiler: Main 30W or Potterton 28 Gold Boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Members,

I'd like some advice on which boiler to select between Main 30Kw and Potterton 28 Gold boiler.

This is for a 2 bed 2 bath flat. Currently have an old worcester boiler that needs to be replaced. Its a rented property.

Price for Main 30 Combi incl standard Flu and clock £700

Price for Potterton Gold 20 incl Standard Flu and built in clock £775 - only sold @ Mrcentralheating.

I understand both boilers are from BAXI group. Install manuals are identical - looks like essentially the same boiler (also the Baxi duo tec).

Warranty for the Main 30 is 5yrs and for Potterton is 2yrs provided unit has annual service. Baxi duo i believe is 7yrs.

Please help as all the boilers are from the same group but there may be some subtle difference in parts, serviceability, repair costs if needed etc.

thank you.

I know it may not matter but have you asked the gas safe engy fitting this which does he rate ??

Like you say more or less the same only one hotwater outlet at a time can be used on a 28/30 combi duo tec is my choice fitted lots of em and service 20+a year and have very few problems. Cheers kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi boiler: Main 30W or Potterton 28 Gold Boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock