Search the forum,

Discuss Combi boiler replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rockchunk

Looking to replace an old combi boiler, given the size of house, number of rads and hot water requirements, and reading reviews have narrowed it down to either a Vaillant Eco TEC plus 838 or a Worcester greenstar 34 CDI, both models come in about the same price and provide similar outputs, but would appreciate some feedback from any tradesmen regarding their experience ....... Decisions, Decisions

What does your installer say about them both ??

The plumber I have used for several years has recently retired , so haven't spoken to anyone,

how many bathrooms and showers is more important, number of people in hoouse etc etc is the way to work out what type of system you need.

Worcesters are more compact so can fit in cuboards easier, but vailients are much easier to work on due to being more spacious inside, maybe resulting in cheaper labour on repairs in the future?

My 2 pennies worth.

My recommendation would be get three quotes and see what they suggest then you're welcome to come back and ask us our opinion on the boilers they put forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi boiler replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
Hi I seek some advice on replacing an existing regular boiler. I currently have an old Potterton 10-16 Netaheat electronic, which is around 35 years old and still working OK. It is fitted to a std 'Y' plan system with boiler in utility room and separate hot water tank, pump, valve etc in...
Replies
Views
Grateful for any advice regarding this problem. Flat about to be let and main heat exchanger in Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i Junior has failed! I can replace with identical model (I think!) but would prefer to use GC2000iW C if possible. Question is, can the 2000 fit directly onto the 24i...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have been searching the Web for a spare part for a Worcester 35 cdi ng boiler that is obsolete. I can't find one anywhere and its looking more and more likely I'm doomed . The part is the door extrusion seal 87161031280. I have sold my house STC and this has just happened , so...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I'm considering changing our current Conventional/Regular Gas boiler, to a Combi. The main reason for doing this, is so that I can run a more effiecent shower. eg: With a better temparture control, combined with a better flow rate. But in order to get a combi with a good hotwater...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock