Search the forum,

Discuss Combination Cylinder Hot Water Running Cold after 2 mins in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hotchicken500

Hi

I live in a small 2 bed flat and have for my hot water only a vented combination cylinder with two emersion elements in the bottom of the cylinder and the top part of the cylinder appears to be the cold water feed tank.

All was ok until the last few days when I run any of my taps after about 1 to 2 minutes the hot tap runs cold despite the cylinder being nice and hot? My conclusion was that the problem is with the 3 port temperature valve?

Can anyone advise.

Thank you

Hard to diagnose with the details you have given, is the hot water normally heated by a gas boiler?

Hi

No Im told the cylinder is a combination cylinder which is purely heated from the emersion elements .
The cylinder is split in two, bottom bit has the hot water in it and the top bit is a cold water tank with a ball cock.

image1.jpg

I would imagine the first thing to check is the immersion elements

If the tank is actually hot then the tmv maybe at fault I guess

Yes the top tank is full of cold water and the ball cock seems operational !

Yes I assumed the elements were ok because you can hear it heating up and the water is hot. Everything seems normal apart from it runs cold after a few mins

Either scaled up or the tmv has gone

If there is still hot water in the tank but the tap is running cold then suspect the tmv

Ahh this happened to one of my customers today.. Strange.

Try bleeding the bathroom rad

easy to get confused something when your in a rush... probably why its only sometimes this happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combination Cylinder Hot Water Running Cold after 2 mins in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock