Search the forum,

Discuss Comet electric boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Anyone installed one of these its the first one for me not sure how it all gonna work out running cost ect not my choice the builder specified it but open minded on the right tariff may be ok economy 10 maybe time will tell cheers kop

20170812_155902.jpg

not too bad as the cylinder will keep the heat so can be heated at night

no expansion vessel for the heating?

Hi shaun the expansion vessel is behind the boiler not a great design but no big deal if it ever needs changing , i was called in to sort out this job as the previous installer made a right lash up of it and the customer dismissed him and is holding payment back for the building works till its sorted hope your well cheers kop

How much bad luck can these people have got the cylinder filled up for commissioning and water poured out the top connection under the insulation grrrrr . a quick phone call to the supplier but none available had to replace it for a different one another late night . kop

Bad weld ?

Dont really know shaun i would think there QA tested ? but had to fit a unicyl as my avitar only one they could supply same day pain in the butt as i need another vist to finsh off now have a good day mate cheers kop

Yes and no you will find there air tested, which doesn't mean bugger also bet they blame you tighten the hot out too much causing the weld to break :D

It's one of those things guess you could claim off the first cylinder for the cost of reinstalling?

And you

Theres a second phase on this job shaun i will add a few hours on that price so wont lose out in the long run . cheers kop

20170816_105243.jpg

20170816_111142.jpg

looks good but hope you dont mind you've missed / misplace your tundish

Cant get 300mm before a bend and is visable outside so ok by me

thats good (thought it was going internal) also not even if you turn the t + p so its discharging right instead of down?

I installed one with an unvented cylinder on an S plan to replace an oil combi a couple of years ago, Ive been back since and there happy with the improved system and their annual costs are about the same as it was with theoil combi but I'm not sure what tariff their on

Thats good to hear quality if you could find out their tarrif it would be appreciated. Cheers kop

Ill send him a text now and ask him
He said their on a standard fixed rate tariff at £0.14 per unit and costs about £1300 a year it is quite a large 4 bed dormer bungalow

Last edited:
Top man cheers for that tell them to switch to economy 10 save quite a bit on uswitch. Cheers kop .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Comet electric boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock