Search the forum,

Discuss Commercial boiler prv in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are pressure release valves or safety valves on some open vented boilers, normally older boilers, are they still required? Is there an input above which they must be fitted?
Cheers
Mark

Yes they are required

If manufacturer has installed one it's for a reason

Thanks for replying.
It's not a manufacturer installed prv, I fitted the boiler 10 + years ago (replacement) and just left it on the pipework. It's a Grant 160/200 boilerhouse model , and now it's leaking I am wondering whether to remove it or replace? It's a 1" brass which costs Ā£160 plus vat! If it's needed because of kW size then no prob but don't want to waste my customers cash.

It's best practice to have one

If it's Commercial, their Insurance Company will have originally asked for it to be fitted

As above, It's supposed to be there, I suspect it is a Nabic or similar.
There will normally be a small data badge or tag on with the pressure setting required. You will order it with that information.

Just a quick question. Is a PRV installed on an open vented system of this type to act as a failsafe in case the cold feed and vent get sufficiently blocked to cause loss of expansion space?

Used to see them on old gravity systems on a tee near the boiler (at about face height!!). Can't find anything in building regs.
It is possible that any dripping could be because an open vent is blocked? Not a defective valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Commercial boiler prv in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock