Search the forum,

Discuss Commercial cooker requirements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a customer who would like a normal domestic gas oven/ hob installed in a pub, the kitchen it will be used in is not for commercial use (only to be used by the tenant in flat). Would this still be classed as a commercial installation? And would it still require an inlet of air, currently it only has mechanical extraction.

If it's not in the pub Kitchen and like it's in a annex / room above the pub

Your fine with domestic cooker qualification

It is in the pub kitchen but they don't serve food

I would say yes you need to be comcats then, but phone has safe up and see what they say

If it's a domestic appliance, i.e. not a commercial catering appliance AND the gas system at the property falls within the scope of IGEM/UP/1B then you can do this on a domestic ticket, no issue there as far as I see.

Unless I'm wrong in which case I'd be grateful for a reference to a regulation that says I am!! Would like to learn from it if I am.

You will still need a openable window or door to outside or a fixed open vent to provide supply air ventillation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Commercial cooker requirements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello I’d like to replace gas cooker. Curry’s do install but I know they will refuse to install if regs are not met. So I want to understand whether the proposed location is acceptable to qualified gas safe fitter. I can’t find official, definitive list of regs anywhere. Can you point me to...
Replies
Views
Hi, A little about the business: I currently own a plumbing business (website and marketing) - looking to target residential and commercial market (i.e. tendering to main contractors flats etc). My background is a commercial manager, I use to do plumbing years back so technically I would not...
Replies
Views
I have tried hard to get similar to the first class satchwqell /Sunvic SML type revolving type valves instead of the quite short lived spring return type valves. I saw an advert from the Hearken company who either make these or buy them in. The only problem they are BSP threads so adaptors are...
Replies
Views
Hi We are a commercial premises Have been using the same plumber for years and very happy with his work but recently came to light he has a domestic ticket. When questioned he said it was ok as all the boilers he works on are under 70kw? He also says he does not touch the commercial catering...
Replies
Views
I have a open flue old boiler (natural draft for combustion) installed on outside wall. Before winters want to install a heat only condensing boiler (room sealed), cannot install it at the current location as it is open to weather effects (rain and sun light in summers). I cannot install it in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock