Search the forum,

Discuss Commercial metering in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasmanrob

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Been offered some of this and am thinking about it but have some reservations like some of the meters costing well in excess of 100k and who is at fault should it fall off the hoist.

But the potential profit is luring me in! It does mean I'll need to sit the commercial stuff and I've been out for around 8 years.

anyone doing this at the minute and care to share thoughts?

I've not done commercial metering, only domestic but would jump at the chance!

Any reason for that or just fancy a go at it?

im under no illusions on it though everything that is left is all the crap jobs that weren't picked up a long time ago

Any reason for that or just fancy a go at it?

im under no illusions on it though everything that is left is all the crap jobs that weren't picked up a long time ago

I fancy having a go at anything! I like learning and doing new jobs, I'd probably get bored and find something else to try after a while!

I did a bit of that for a while with Carillion before they fked the contract up.
The money is ok on anything over a 40 provided they plan it in right.
Big stuff like 11m's + on skids (like this) View attachment 11M Rotary.pdf are dropped on site near enough in position (you need at least 2 of you to move them) everything else you pick up from a depot.
Piece of pysh provided the numpties laying the service set the valve at the correct height.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Commercial metering in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the Government in the UK needs to do more to make green energy heat pumps and other green central heating options more affordable for the UK customers...
Replies
Views
Hi! Our main stopcock is weeping. I phoned the water company, first-person thought it was their problem as it was on the 'outside' of the water meter. Then another person called me to schedule a visit and they told me that its not their problem as both the water meter and the leaky stopcock are...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced annually, October time) providing hot water to the CH system which is split into 3 zones (Honeywell 2-way valves) and it also heats the HW tank (Tribune...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It required a drain and refill of the system, and as he left, he advised my I would need to bleed all the radiators, at some point, given a few days, when...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock