Search the forum,

Discuss commercial pictures ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Remeha Quinta pro 90's
Got to look up how much they cost

Last edited:
I am just hanging the boilers and doing some welding.
Someone else will pipe them up as I am off to another job, I hopefully will get to come back and do the gas.

Worlds smallest plate

6f84d1bb.jpg

A school in Wales, if I remember correctly it just fed a the kitchen.

Overkill really, was only 2 sinks and a basin.

looked at this yesterday:
the boiler closest in the picture, need to be lifted as it has failed its annual insurance inspection, the cradle in which it sits has signs of corrosion and needs replacing. Everything needs disconnecting gas, water and elec.
Nice little job if I can get it:cool:

boiler.jpg

Hadn't been switched on in three years and needed new guts. Total waste of money.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386671564707.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386671564707.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 94
looked at this yesterday:
the boiler closest in the picture, need to be lifted as it has failed its annual insurance inspection, the cradle in which it sits has signs of corrosion and needs replacing. Everything needs disconnecting gas, water and elec.
Nice little job if I can get it:cool:

View attachment 16223
I've done a bit of commercial in my time but that's a man's boiler !!

Certainly is. 60000 pound per hour steam boiler, saacke burners( urghhh), spoke to the guy doing the lift yesterday, he said boiler specs say boiler shell is 60ton empty!!!

Certainly is. 60000 pound per hour steam boiler, saacke burners( urghhh), spoke to the guy doing the lift yesterday, he said boiler specs say boiler shell is 60ton empty!!!
Sooooo, how many plumbers does it take to lift it onto the wall bracket then ?? LOL

PS. the only thing that made much sense in the above is the 60 ton lift. (you better make sure it is completely drained) does the new one come in via roof or is it slid in?

Not a new boiler going in, just lifting and choccing the old one, so a new cradle can be fitted.

Why ? You can't go making statements like that with out some background info, Howsie.

New build care home. Expensive install and doesn't play well with the boilers. The original installer has gone bust. One of them only clocked up nine hours of use, with the highest of 98 hours over three years.

I think as log burners go, this is probably a bit more than domestic...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 146
Although it wouldn't be comfy, I reckon there's just about enough space to fit two blokes in the fuel chamber of that thing. Not that I got anyone in mind or anything.

This is a couple of chip boilers I was chatting to Scott about but couldn't figure out how to send the pic via messaging - sox to clog the thread chaps.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 132
The green pipe is aquatherm. I haven't seen it with thick blue lines before. Different manufacturer?

The thick blue lines is the aqua therm, fibre pipe, and the green stuff is wefatherm fibre. Much the same though really. Ok in its place I guess, and I think there's a good case for its use, but I'm just not a big fan of the stuff really. My thoughts on using it:

It's not terribly rigid at temperature (loads of clips and unistrut),
can't offer fittings etc up before you fuse a joint so it's a bit different on measuring/checking etc, burning on a fitting can be a bit awkward in tight/awkward places (especially 90mm +),
persistently having to put a level on everything and square it up until fittings are cool,
Always seem to be holding a fitting waiting for it to cool,
pipe swarf seems to get everywhere,
the paddle burns like mad if you catch yourself on it.

but then...
it's light, pretty versatile (weld in saddles etc), surprisingly tough/resilient, can be quick, cool wall means it's pretty hard burn yourself of a hot pipe, not too bad to cut, and is pretty resistant to corrosion.

Just been using loads of carbon steel press fit lately though.

That boiler looks mint missplumb - the firematic? Could've sworn I saw one of those on the test bays in pinkafeld.

yeah, biofire 995, we got 2 of them in the process of being commissioned now,then theres a small ETA hack 200 to fit which will heat 3 greenhouses and 4 houses.

Sounds great. The firm I work for is fitting a few herz/system KURRI boilers these days, having previously mainly fitted HDG, and if I had to say I think the herz boilers are probably better made, and certainly better laid out/designed for working on. Job looks really nice though. What do they do for a boiler safety valve on the bio fire? Is it direct into the appliance or something? (couldn't see one before the valves in the pics)

they hadnt been cut into the pipes when the pics were taken, they are on the pipe between the boiler and isolation valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to commercial pictures ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock