Search the forum,

Discuss commercial pictures ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah I see. Looks ace though.

it took an hour for the boiler to heat the 15000 litre buffer. Rural Energy handed it over today and cleared out so will get some better pics tomorrow

IMG_148204992147181.jpgnice bit of asbestos ... apparently its ok as long as you don't scratch it.... funnily enough the health and safety bigwigs never seem to come down here....

i agree too but at the time I was working for Norland honestly the worst company i have ever worked for and didn't have much choice in the matter.

after i refused to do a 18 hr day after a 14hr day with a 6 hr rest between whilst on call too (none of this work was a call out) i was summoned down to luton for a meeting and mutually walked. even though their working policy states that engineers working on a mobile basis MUST NOT work and drive more than 12 hrs day.

I pointed this out and was told it was advisory... when i started laughing and said so your claiming MUST NOT is advisory i was asked to leave... haha

Last edited by a moderator:
oh and just to add these boilers were in a school in bridlington i had 8 different schools there and about 40 boilers between them the majority of which were those MHS Strata 1's all giving out around 18k ppm of CO when i arrived, how those things ever got through testing i will never know...

you can spend hrs getting them burning correctly on both burners throughout the range, them come back a week later stick your fga probe in and they are way out of scope again.

I was on my own and had 3 wks to do them all including any remedials on boilers, pressurisation units etc....

welding.jpg A bit of welding today. 1 man point if you can guess the pipe size from the number of bolt holes

2 1/2" no man points tonight.
3" flanges have 8 bolt holes

FAO Josh - here are a few pics of some installs we have done in larger residential buildings and commercial premises.DSCF6490.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF6497.jpg
    DSCF6497.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCF6498.jpg
    DSCF6498.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCF6059.jpg
    DSCF6059.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 20140221_151916.jpg
    20140221_151916.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 50
  • 59.jpg
    59.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 20131118_160451.jpg
    20131118_160451.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCF6257.jpg
    DSCF6257.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCF6269.jpg
    DSCF6269.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 38.jpg
    38.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 76.jpg
    76.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCF3211.jpg
    DSCF3211.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCF4605.jpg
    DSCF4605.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCF5012.jpg
    DSCF5012.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF5150.jpg
    DSCF5150.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 47
Like the laundry equipment. I hope there is and Andrews water heater and a room vented tumble-dryer in there too.

Not a huge Fan of Strebels TBH, can't be commissioned by just turning them on :lol:.
Needed on of their service team with a laptop to set up the 2 we fitted into master and slave.

Not a huge Fan of Strebels TBH, can't be commissioned by just turning them on :lol:.
Needed on of their service team with a laptop to set up the 2 we fitted into master and slave.
Yeah they always send someone to commission them.

Thanks miss plumb for posting,
always like geeking out on good pictures!

Missplumb, what's going on in pic 5 with the red rectangular box?

Also, went to PHEX at Alexandra palace on Wednesday, was well worth going, seemed to be more commercial boilers on display than domestic, anyway the alpha rep was showing us their 'ARES Tec' boiler, must admit he gave a good sale and I was quite impressed to be honest.
Anyone had any experience with them yet and are they any good and the way things will go?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit of a throttle down there. 6" to 2" in 9"? Nice weld tho, no slag and no splatter? You dad do it? Wish mine were always that tidy. Jesus some look line the lid of bait cabin microwave !
Its 3" to 2" (2" connection on the gas meter)
Its my own handy work, when you get the amps just right the slag peels it self off and you can pat yourself on the back.

Where I've been this week they had to put a steel across a high ceiling garage to take garage door and motor for it so the builder welded plates to either end of it to fix it to wall with a tiny little machine that looked like he'd got it from the car boot, was hitting the slag of with a lump of metal and looked like his welds were done by a 5 year old, you would have screwed if you'd seen it Scott.

The lump of steel is now hanging 9' of the floor with the garage door on it, I'm back there tomorrow so see if it's still holding up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to commercial pictures ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi chaps I have a as new Ali plug cock key this is a big piece of kit for larger commercial fed type premises pictures available and price if your interested?? Regards kop
Replies
Views
Hi! Totally inexperienced DIY newbie so bear with me for descriptions! Pictures hopefully help. I’m trying to remove an unused downstairs toilet in our new house. It’s eventually going to be moved to the other side of the house. The seal around the back of the toilet had failed so I switched...
Replies
Views
Hi all - can someone explain what the two black levers are in this picture? Are they for putting more pressure in the heating system? I have a Megaflow Eco Systemfit Unvented Cylinder.
Replies
Views
Hi guys, just want to get advice, i want to replace venten to unvented cylinder, is it ok to install D2 pipe to toilet waste pipe see picture? as there is no easy options to get it outside.
Replies
Views
If a domestic boiler/gas appliance is in a commercial property, does this mean a gas engineer would need commercial tickets/qualifications?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock