Search the forum,

Discuss Community 'Pub'? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Do you think a community 'Pub' type forum would be used? An access only forum to discuss topics you don't want to rest of the world to see, perhaps trouble customers or trade prices and so on?

Yeah, sounds like a good idea. I know of a few good tradesman who have been burned by one couple in my village who just plain refuse to pay up even when the jobs been done well. The public have web sites etc where they can check on tradesmen, why cant we have a place to check up on dodgy customers?

Yes .sounds a good idea
As regards customers,I always say their are alot more dodgy customers than their are dodgy tradesmen,funny you never see watch dog type programs going after them.Not so much on small jobs but have seen alot of contrctors do large works,do a great job,or even won an award and still struggle to get that final 5% retention payment

Are we going to get one then ? as this thread is quite old now. Definately need it when discussing prices , just like the tiling forum. Cheers

Are we going to get one then ? as this thread is quite old now. Definately need it when discussing prices , just like the tiling forum. Cheers
we have one,you need over 100 posts to get in ,so fill your boots john,will see you in there next week hopefully :)

hi all
I appear to have over 100 posts but cant get into the pub, as far as I am aware I havent been barred from any pub since I was 14 ave I done something wrong to upset the landlord already.
regards
Mike

The pub is indeed nearly open...

PM Dan or me with some details to show you are in the trade..i'e'.. website link or a listing with your details on or simply just pm your details and then you get access....we only ask for details to keep the members who are only after sales out..like suppliers etc...

The pub is for tradesmen not sellers....:)...

look forward to seeing you in there....and it is a 24 hr bar...:):)

i'll get the next one in!

i was actually contemplating setting up a site to list all those 'problem customers' too, you know those to avoid bounced checks etc.
done by area ie leeds, preston etc.

do it.

Hi Dave
I pm d you on monday, I think and still no reply. just wondering why I am still barred from the pub.
regards
Mike

Sorry lads....bloody decorators still have not finished...lol lol..

Keep the pm's coming and when they have finished and the cleaners have been in the doors will be opened...

free beeers alround..:)

hey redsaw34
I think he might ave, but knowing what painters are like, i dont blame im, I mean painters think that they have actually got a proper trade, bunch of prima donnas!!!!!!!!!.
expecting trouble for that last statement.

yeh, i actually started out as a painter, when i was about 3 years old but managed to change carreer since. lol

another 5 days gone by, when can we get into this pub then.
regards
Mike

Sorry lads...Dan has been on his hols and he needs to sort the hack for it...

He is back as of monday and i will get him to sort the access out for you lads...

thanks for bieng patient..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Community 'Pub'? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock