Search the forum,

Discuss Concealed cistern query re flushpipe connection. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A concealed cistern has a small leak from where the flushpipe joins the flushvalve. I have not seen this type previously but the large round cover would appear to be out of alignment. Is it designed to unscrew from a thread? Anyone care to explain as to how it can be removed?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_4912.JPG

IMG_4912.JPG

Just a push fit with a cone washer, just pull the collar down.

On second thoughts it could be a screwed on collar.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments, guys. Yes, it does look over-tightened. I was unable to turn with my hands probably because it is so scaled up. The same goes for the fill-valve. I have been asked to replace it with a new cistern. Are the various models from Screwfix up to much or is it better to go for something like this Grohe?

Thanks, Simon, but I should have made it clear that the cistern requires a push-button operation and the Phantom looks to be a lever flush.

Same one as my link

TBH I would buy the one in my link and then you have any parts you need

agree with Shaun get the Toolstation one more or less a straight swap half the price of a Gerberit one to more in it for you cheers kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Concealed cistern query re flushpipe connection. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock