Search the forum,

Discuss Condensate cannot go into Foul Drains when a Septic Tank is used in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

septictank

Just a 'Heads Up'.
Condensate from Condensing Boilers MUST NOT be drained into Foul Drains when a septic tank or sewage treatment plant is part of the foul drainage system. The condensate kills the bacteria in the tanks due to its high acidity and the sewage treatment stops working.

Surely all sewers go to a sewer treatment plant?

Useful to know, better if there is something to reference.
I know of a lot of steamers running into septic tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Condensate cannot go into Foul Drains when a Septic Tank is used in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing with it as a matter of course. If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll shift it to a better place.] I have a condensing boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Hey, forum friends! 👋 Excited to introduce Master Drain Ltd, your go-to expert for top-notch drain installation and repair services. Here's what sets us apart: 🔧 Seamless Installation: When it comes to drain installation, precision is key. Our skilled team at Master Drain Ltd ensures that your...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to sort all of my rads and do some other bits including fitting a filter but I'm stumped on how to drain down due to how the system is put together...
Replies
Views
R
Hi all, I have a submerged pump in my drain (a Hippo 50) pumping uphill on my property to the sewage main. I've been noticing a bit of a sewage smell every so often e.g. after using the shower so lifted up the drain cover today to have a look. It looked like a septic tank in there being full of...
Replies
Views
Drain central heating system (water tank in loft) in a two storey house - ground and first floor when is it safe to switch the boiler back on - is it only when the tank in the loft has stopped making a noise - implying that the system is back to where it was before the system was drained. The...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock