1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Dismiss Notice

Couple of important things to note. 1. We use Cookies, deal with it. Every website does. 2. Nobody but a currently-registered Gas Engineer should be touching gas or gas appliances. Don't mess with gas at all. 

Discuss Controlling underfloor heating - what rocks your world? ( & works really well with condensing boiler in the Underfloor Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Tom_B

Tom_B New Member

Hi All,

Happy Sunday!

In my house there is a kitchen extension with Ufh connected to glow worm 38cxi. It has a blender valve and a circulation pump. both this and the radiator circuit are controlled by a wall stat. I don't think this works at all well. I'm planning to separate the rad circuit by a motor valve controlled by a separate stat.

The kitchen extension while well insulated does lose heat through its structure so is sensitive to the external temperature.

I'm wondering about what you all do and what you recommend in terms of controlling the UFh circuit.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

really should have an independent room stat and motorised valve

3. Tom_B

Tom_B New Member

Left on 24 hrs?

4. ShaunCorbs

no on a 2 or 3 channel programmer / internet controls

worth an email to these lovely people

http://www.uheat.co.uk/

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tom_B

Tom_B New Member

Thanks Shaun, much appreciated. Btw - is there an optimal circulation temperature for the uf loop? Mine seems to work well between 30 and 35 deg - is that typical or too high?

6. ShaunCorbs

depends on whats on the floor normally 27-32 so i would say its about right

7. StephenF

StephenF New Member

Separate room stat on a 2 port valve.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2017
  8. DougFIDHEE

DougFIDHEE New Member

UFH should be on separate circuit and controlled by programmable clock/stat to enable you to set time and temperature at that time for the UFH.

9. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR

Is your UFH in a screed or suspended timber on spreader plates ?

10. Tom_B

Tom_B New Member

Solid concrete sceed.