Search the forum,

Discuss Controls for rental properties in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi all. I hope you are all keeping busy.

Just wondering what controls people are putting into rental properties on combi boilers. As most controls are smart and be controlled from a phone, I am not sure if this is the best option due to a high turnover of tenants. But then again, it could be good for the landlord to control the heating when no one is in.

What are you putting into properties these days.

Cheers

I work in social housing, we fit Siemens RDH100RF thermostat’s or Honeywell T3R’s in vast majority. We have trialled some switchee thermostat’s which are aimed at landlords, however I think they have a hefty price tag, something like £300 😳

I work in social housing, we fit Siemens RDH100RF thermostat’s or Honeywell T3R’s in vast majority. We have trialled some switchee thermostat’s which are aimed at landlords, however I think they have a hefty price tag, something like £300 😳
Hi. Thanks for the quick reply. Sounds like you are the perfect person to advise on this. Although I am looking after private landlords. Will look into the controls mentioned. Never heard of switchee but yes, doubt anyone would want to pay 300. Will still have a look.

Hi Shaun. Have used these a couple of times as really good price. I have only noticed them the last couple of years so are they a new company? If yes, do the controls last?

I’ve used them since 2017 and only had one bad cp4 which then sent out next day

Reply to Controls for rental properties in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock