Search the forum,

Discuss Copper water cylinder needs replacing?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah your right just brought that memory off them blocking one of the first nixers I ever done was replacing one and haven't to drill the copper firebox to drain it jaysus that was a really long time ago lol thanks for the memory

Yeah your right just brought that memory off them blocking one of the first nixers I ever done was replacing one and haven't to drill the copper firebox to drain it jaysus that was a really long time ago lol thanks for the memory

I remember getting a phone call about a really old range cooker (heated hot water only) behaving strangely. Then the owner mentioned the flow and return had reversed to cold and hot.
It was direct connected to cylinder and connections in the cooker had blocked near solid. Had to be cleared with a metal bar, flushed and then changed over to the much superior indirect cylinder method and inhibitor added obviously.
Certainly was becoming dangerous

One of the worst blockages I came across over the years was an overflow from domestic water tank blocked solid with lime the last 12 inches out through the soffit of the house had overflowed internally had got up to check tank and overflow disconnected the 3/4 inch copper pipe and the weight in the bottom start falling out through the soffit householder hadn't noticed any extra water as it was discharging over their lawn thought they might have heard tank filling at night lol kept the pipe for years to show others never seen anything like it since

In my area we are so fortunate to not have lime in our water. Tanks and electric showers stay fairly clean

There is lime in my area not too bad kettles average 2 or 3 years had a triton in my en-suite got 13 years out of it small bit in bottom of tank but that's it really most areas in Ireland have a bit of lime the ones I feel sorry for is if they have iron in the water.. Brown water and if really bad smelly plasterer's in the last house we done brought their own water because of smell when mixing and the plaster would not go off for them owner had to get a fairly elaborate filter system fitted was charged about 7000 for it by a well drilling company

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Copper water cylinder needs replacing?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock