Search the forum,

Discuss Copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

uug197h

According to independent research commissioned by UK copper tube manufacturer Mueller Europe, copper is still the preferred choice of material for professional installers.

Some of the key reasons given was that it was thought to last longer than plastic, produces a permanent fit and consumers prefer it.

Overall, copper was the preferred choice of 78% of respondents, and for new- build by 57%. Ease of use for plastic was identified as the number one plus point, but 30% of installers added that the ‘anyone can fit’ attribute was its worst feature.
“The research has produced a wealth of information, but I think one of the really big concerns that installers have about plastic is that it is so easy to use it de-skills their expertise,” says Peter Marsh, MD of Mueller. “Clearly, there is a role for plastic tube, but copper remains the number one choice by a massive margin for both new-build and refurbishment work.”

Mueller Europe also points out an environmental benefit of copper — the purity from previously used material is indistinguishable from virgin product. More than half of the copper that goes into manufacturing at Mueller’s Wednesbury plant has been recycled, so there is virtually no waste in manufacturing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock