Search the forum,

Discuss Cutters for 40mm waste pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting sick of using a junior hacksaw for cutting waste pipe etc and seen a few cutters out there narrowed it down to the rotty ones and the virax ones.

anyone own either?

Tried the virax ones in plumbcenter seem a lot better than my rothenberger ones

You still use a hacksaw???

I have the rothenberger ones and am happy with them but never tried the Virax's

Yes! I'm a creature of habit and have done since my apprenticeship days, recently brought a veto pro pac tool bag and treating myself to new tools!

What's wrong with good old trusty hacksaw

For all the wastepipe cutter sold in the UK, who is using them? Every wastepipe I take apart is cut at 45 degrees and burred up to boogrey.
To me waste pipe slices are a waste of space in your tool box, they take up more room than they are worth. I sold mine, use a mulitmaster with 65mm blade and de burr with a knife.

For all the wastepipe cutter sold in the UK, who is using them? Every wastepipe I take apart is cut at 45 degrees and burred up to boogrey.
To me waste pipe slices are a waste of space in your tool box, they take up more room than they are worth. I sold mine, use a mulitmaster with 65mm blade and de burr with a knife.

That's cheating and op if your struggling to cut it straight use a wood saw if you can

hacksaw - then I actually de-burr as well ;)

REMS guillotine pipe shears, have used the rothy ones before but dull too quickly for my liking and im to lazy to sharpen them.

this !

url

this !
EDIT: cant post pics or links...

I use a Snap-on Deburring Tool

I would avoid using the old fashioned way. Cutting 40mm waste with a large hacksaw is okay if you can cut straight, but I now prefer to use cutters because they cut clean and straight and much easier when you are in a tight spot.
I also use a tool to deburr and taper the outside of the pipe. It is basically a short shaft with a 1 1/2" and a 1 1/4" tool on opposite ends.

I would avoid using the old fashioned way. Cutting 40mm waste with a large hacksaw is okay if you can cut straight, but I now prefer to use cutters because they cut clean and straight and much easier when you are in a tight spot.
I also use a tool to deburr and taper the outside of the pipe. It is basically a short shaft with a 1 1/2" and a 1 1/4" tool on opposite ends.

what tools do you use and links if pos?

I had a Rottenberger set but was disapointed they didn't radius the end like a pipeslice does with copper, I know now why that wouldn't work but I was told it did.

I use the same ratchet type cutters as sold for MDPE pipe. Instead of cutting straight through, which deforms waste, once cutter has grip rotate pipe in cutter and clean square cut will result with no requirement to deburr.

I use a predator wood saw. I have one for timber and one for plastic. Then deburr with stanley.

Big hacksaw and Stanley knife for me. I did buy some cutters years ago and they were brilliant for the first 5-10 times but they soon blunt and were more hassle than they were worth. Times might of changed by now.

I will post a photograph of the taper tool. I never see them for sale.
To cut the waste pipes I use Roth pipe shears, or other brand and just cut as Joni os describes.

I use a predator wood saw. I have one for timber and one for plastic. Then deburr with stanley.

On push fit wastes, - how do you taper the outside end of pipes? Just a file?

Here's a photo. Both are old, - I also have a new unbranded sharper pipe shear.
The tool for tapering the pipe is basic but brilliant. Have no idea if they are available.image.jpg

Only use solvent weld. On the very few times I cut push fit (today :) ) then the stanley knife does the job.

Just so hard to fully and evenly do a nice taper by laboriously filing or using a knife.
I used to cut all waste pipes with a large hacksaw and carefully have to file them for push fit to prevent the rubber O ring getting pushed in or damaged.
Rarely need a file for anything now, although I still sometimes cut wastes with hacksaw.

I have these without the bar in the middle, had them years

Yes, I know they were available as single parts, but they must be near impossible to use?
Must be very hard to turn them without a handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cutters for 40mm waste pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock