Search the forum,

Discuss Cylinder single stat to a duel cylinder stat ?.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi, I've replaced a gravity cylinder to a unvented cylinder. I'm about to wire the duel thermostat for the cylinder. I have a live, netural and earth from the old cylinder stat. I know the live is for com. But where does the switch wire go?

What uv cylinder you got as there's normally a wiring diagram in the book

And direct or indirect

Indirect cylinder. I've looked at the instructions and it says com live, loop wire connected too 2 -c the switch wire to 2.
It's a Joul cylinder.
If I connected it wrong the zone valve won't open?
Also I'm another question. It's for a Worcester vertical flue going through a loft but it passes near a joist about 25mm. I've read the Worcester instruction nothing about the distances for combustible materials so I looked at
BS5440: Part 1 and IGE "Gas Installations in Timber Frame Buildings” And couldn't find any thing on this either. Any advise?

Any chance you could post a pic of the instructions Saves me going to hunt for them

And new condensing boilers are fine just need an air gap

hi, I've replaced a gravity cylinder to a unvented cylinder. I'm about to wire the duel thermostat for the cylinder. I have a live, netural and earth from the old cylinder stat. I know the live is for com. But where does the switch wire go?

They won't normally be LN+E!
There will be a switched live from a programmer to - as you say - Common normally or No1 (read MFI's)
You need to test which is the terminal that closes on demand (to live) That will be your switched live back.
You need to test what the wires are!
What system?
S plan, Y plan etc?

so c is your switch live from your prog

2 is the call from your first stat

so link 2 to c of other stat

and then from your second stat 2 link that to your port valve open (eghh brown wire)

j cylinder.png

I thought com was for live wire? But it's for switch wire? Is this always the case for com? Ta

Say I have removed a old cylinder stat from a gravity cylinder. There will be 3 wires but they might not be identified in what they should be. But there should be markings on the stat so I will copy that on to the duel stat.

I thought com was for live wire? But it's for switch wire? Is this always the case for com? Ta

No, not always, just in this case the live to the cylinder stat will normally be a switched live from a programmer.

Say I have removed a old cylinder stat from a gravity cylinder. There will be 3 wires but they might not be identified in what they should be. But there should be markings on the stat so I will copy that on to the duel stat.
It depends. I always test everything when wiring. Especially control wiring as people use all sort of colours for all sorts of things.
If you took the earth wire from the case of the old stat (earth terminal), then it would have been used as an earth.
One of the others will be live from the prog and the other would probably have gone to Boiler?
That SL should now go to Brown on MV.

I want to wire this to a duel thermostat for a joul unvented cylinder indirect s plan.

563CAF0A-C201-4811-9AD8-E9BD98EE9FA1.jpeg

Brown to common left stat / no 1 stat

Blue to right stat / no 2 stat

Link port 2 on first stat to common on second

Hope this helps

Thanks. confussed about the link ?
Cheers

To join the two stats check my pic out

S/l out of the first stat into the common of the other

To join the two stats check my pic out

S/l out of the first stat into the common of the other
Thanks mate it worked. Once the cylinder got to temperature the zone valve closed the when it called it opened. Great I did swap over last night and all day today finished and ÂŁ400 better off!

thats great side jobby?

Yeah I great homer. I'm doing a few and getting my own customers before I set up on my own.. the reason to why I asked about the wiring is the last cylinder I did I wired it the way you said to do it. But they said i wired up wrong, which I can't see how I did. So today I did the same and tested it and it worked. I think there at it, but it was through my work company.

Yeah I great homer. I'm doing a few and getting my own customers before I set up on my own.. the reason to why I asked about the wiring is the last cylinder I did I wired it the way you said to do it. But they said i wired up wrong, which I can't see how I did. So today I did the same and tested it and it worked. I think there at it, but it was through my work company.

dont see how you could wire it wrong only backwards but it would still work

its light switches (on or off)

I agree too. I think the customers aren't pleased with my work company so maybe this is there way trying not to pay there bill. Are you self employed?
If so for how?

No I'm not and don't want to be tbh

With all your experience you would work less and earn more..

True but then again I don't have to do paperwork etc and can switch off at nights etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cylinder single stat to a duel cylinder stat ?.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock