Search the forum,

Discuss Denso Tape fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratplus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Has anyone used this before for wrapping joints on underground gas pipe?
Instructions say to prime pipe first?
Does it matter which way you wrap it around the pipe ie outside coating of denso to pipe surface or inside denso coating to pipe surface?

Never heard of priming the pipe! What does that require? I don't think there is a difference between the sides of the tape - it is a woven mesh impregnated with the grease so it's all the same as far as I know..

Priming the pipe is a new one on me. As Mas said, it's a fibrous bandage heavily impregnated with grease. Wear gloves.

My days as an apprentice working for a "slightly" tight boss (taught me everything I know!), no gloves, just rub them in sand afterwards..........

Rub washing up liquid on your hands first, before touching the denso, it stops it sticking to your hands.

I presume that once upon a time some red lead or now red oxide primer could have been used, but a bit pointless considering denso is grease based

I hate denso... [remembers wrapping gas pipes as an apprentice]

never primed it,new too me,used denso lots,just wrap it round in a spiral motion,use gloves and cut it with a hacksaw

Can't see a need for primer as said above
Don't wear gloves, you don't get the true "feel" of Denso and there's nothing like spending 2 hrs or so trying to clean your hands and tools etc
It should be a mandatory part of apprenticeships that they are forced to wrap a pipe, outside, in a muddy shallow trench, with horizontal freezing rain hitting them on the bare arrs crack without any gloves
Didn't do me any harm:1eye:
Do I sound Bitter?

There's a recent GS tech bulletin detailing how it should be applied to gas pipes....I don't recall it mentioning priming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Denso Tape fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock