Search the forum,

Discuss dewalt xrp combi drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andyg0507

bought this drill back in april, its not really had that much use as been using the bosses bosch, but it just keeps cutting out, cant even drill 4 holes to hang rads with out cutting out.

fair play to them tho i rung at 9 this morning and its already been picked up.

anyone else had this problem??

"Hello" I have been using Cordless Drills since they became available here in the U.K. - My preference for the Manufacturer is DEWALT - I have NEVER had a `Problem` with ANY of their Cordless Drills or other Cordless Tools.

I do use my Dewalt Cordless Combi Drills a lot and I would expect them to `Last` for YEARS - even when `Weakening` you can have them Serviced back to `Almost New` condition - BUT of course you will need to replace the Batteries fairly regularly [Expensive].

I have tried other Manufacturers - BOSCH - MAKITA - HITACHI - MILWALKIE [ U.S. MANU.] - BLACK & DECKER

NONE have had the `Build Quality` of DEWALT - OR the [Perceived] POWER that my Dewalt Tools have.

I take it that your Supplier or Dewalt directly have `Honored` the Dewalt Warranty - when you stated that your Drill is on its way back - To Dewalt / their Service Agents ??

I have rarely heard any bad references to Dewalt Cordless Tools - BUT - I did read `complaints` from someone on another Forum - some time ago - That persons descriptions sounded as if they had never even HELD a Dewalt Tool - let alone used one.

I would also be very interested in other peoples opinions regarding DEWALT Cordless Tools - AND - Other recommendations / `Cautionary Tales`.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny enough my 18mth old one had just stopped hammering. I'll have to give them a call and see if the will help now its out of warranty.

hahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahah.

looks like i was not the only one then.

is it a 14v one?.
either way bought mine at the same time and same happened, fair enough dewalt service got it all sorted dispite having to wait over a week for parts coming from germany.
all three batteries on mine had failed after 6 months, the reason was they were made in mexico and are a sub-standard batch.
the chuck, well dunno, it had lost a screw and would not work in reverse without throwing out the bit.
but all ok for now fingers crossed.

I have had one of the Li ion batteries stop working but was replaced no question

no redsaw its the 18v li-on batterty one, i have used dewalt before and never had any problems and like i say theyve swiftly taken it away and im awaiting it back.

did you purchase yours from screwfix by anychance??

no, i got mine from northerntools.com.

repair bloke told me there was a big batch of those dodgy ones, seems like thats why there going cheaper in my case any how.
still pleased with the price and service, as long as they dont go again!!!!!!

Similar problem with hitachi sds 24v, 4 weeks now and neither battery holds a charge, rang local screwfix and hey presto other ones with same issues so mines going back for a refund/credit, not using that brand again. milwakee next stop, if the prices drop or back to a bosch

Similar problem with hitachi sds 24v, 4 weeks now and neither battery holds a charge, rang local screwfix and hey presto other ones with same issues so mines going back for a refund/credit, not using that brand again. milwakee next stop, if the prices drop or back to a bosch

i have a cordless hitachi sds 24v got it for £200 from screwfix, hardly used it though, hope it doesnt happen with me !!

"Hello OldPlumber", Sorry to hear your and other problems with DeWalt Cordless Tools [Drills] - I have been using them - mainly 18 Volt - for YEARS without ANY problems at all.

What I am reading on here is a shock to Me and completely against MY experience of this Manufacturers Tools.

I have not purchased a NEW Drill for 3 Years - Although I have purchased 18 Volt Batteries more recently than that - and I was `Advised` to buy the `Old Type` Ni Cad [?] - NOT the `Newer` Nickel Metal Hydride [?] - from what I have read on here - a `Good Choice` - ??

Can YOU or Others tell me - are Screwfix and Other Suppliers admitting that there are `Problems` with DeWalt
Drills recently ??
Has anyone received an `Unguarded`/ `derogatory` comment from DeWalt regarding a problem with their Power Tools

Before reading these Posts I was Confident to Recommend DeWalt Cordless Power Tools - My Personal experience of these Drills and other tools is nothing but `Completely Positive` - BUT - My Drills etc. have not been purchased recently - Can it be that this Manufacturers `Standards` have deteriorated to such an extent ??

These types of Forum are so useful because where else can you get so many Opinions / Experiences relating to a particular Manufacturer / Power Tool - ??

Think we can safely say dewalt tools have been down graded over the last few years.I have used them in the past,just had mine stolen and while looking at replacements was surprised how the quality had dropped,think they are trying to get into the diy market more and increase sales volume that way

Its alright saying they will replace batteries ect no problem under warrantee but they should not/never used to have to

imho

Went to B&Q Tradepoint yeserday and they had a pile of dewalt xrp DC988L1 Li ion for 89 quid

Must be priced up wrong

Dewalt are not a good drill at all they are more for diy these days

the problem is nothings good these days i have had a 18 v li-ion aeg for 2 years been excellent,and a Hitachi sds good but chucks knackerd i think its luck of the draw we sometimes use our old kango breaker for tough jobs where the sds wont cope,its 30 years old,yes you need 2 men to hold it but in 30 years its had a new set of brushes tools will not last this long nowadays quality's gone out the window much applies to boilers,vans,tvs,washing machines any thing we buy we live in a throw away society and nothing is built to last

my opinion on quality of appliances tools etc made nowdays is there is no money in making things last a long time.

If you go past Black and Decker head office in Slough there is a big sign next to it saying Dewalt!!!!!!!! says it all really.
Makita all the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to dewalt xrp combi drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock