Search the forum,

Discuss DIY Urgent Help With Thermostatic Shower Fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mmmadman

Hi All

A bit of help required today please as the wife wants her bathroom back......!!!!!!

I am fitting a thermostatic shower valve and have a couple of questions for the experts.
My hot water system is a comby and the water is mains fed too.

1. The valve incudes two flow regulators in the pack and says to fit them according to your need, do I need to fit them...?

2. It also mentions fitting non return valves, do I have to fit these, what are they for...?

3. I am using JG speed fit connection that screws into the themostatic valve, is it ok to seal the fitting with Loctite 572 thread sealant? There is a small shoulder on the fitting, is this for a fibre washer...?

Many thanks...:)

1/ I would read the instructions, or call the manufacturer of the valve, but generally I fit these.
2/Non return valves are to prevent back flow from the shower into the pipes, as you are using a combi there is a possibility of you contaminating the mains, and thus drinking the contaminated water. Its up to you if you want to fit them. They do reduce flow.
3/Would have to see a photo to comment on this. However Loctite 57 is a very reliable sealant. Just make sure you check your joints are dry before you finish (fit the cover plate etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to DIY Urgent Help With Thermostatic Shower Fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock