Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Do I need isolating valves on every electric shower in a new build? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Rosco

Rosco New Member

I am installing 2 electric showers and the feed comes out of the wall. I would prefer to mount the unit over the pipe so as to hide any pipework. There is a isolating valve to the upstairs supply so I don't want to fit each shower with one if I can help it. Any advice re building regs/ water regs would be useful. I have looked at the building regs but can find no mention of it.
    Thank you

2. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Read the shower manufactures instructions for fitting the unit and stick to them you will then be adhering to the regulations , it is common practice to have a individual isolation i would say yes they both need it . cheers kop

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Can you get access to the pipes on the opposite side of the wall ?

4. Jones82

Jones82 Member

You can sometimes fit one inside the case, using a bent service valve for example, which is an isolation valve designed to go straight on a half inch thread. However some showers now have a push fit half inch connector so you might struggle.

I'd approach it with common sense, is the water easy to isolate under sink etc? If so I wouldn't worry too much. It falls more under good practice than actual regulation.