Search the forum,

Discuss Do I need to refill loft tank after draining some rads? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Heya

I'm a total novice at diy, having just bought my first house. Sorry for the dumb question that follows.

I've drained and removed a couple of large rads for decorating, but now they're back on, I'm unsure if I need to refill the loft tank somehow to make up for the water lost?

It's a very old conventional boiler, with tank in the loft so gravity fed. Will the system just refill itself to it's previous level, or is there something I need to to do to make it happen?

Thanks in advance!

How did you drain the rads ? if you only shut the valves off and draineď the water into a container from the rads and then removed its just a matter of doing the same in reverse and refilling and venting the system . Cheers kop

Best way to fill heating weather be open vented or closed is to back fill it through return on down stairs rads only thing you have to watch is small tank in attic make sure that overflow of tank is connected and ballcock tied up fill it off mains weather it be open or a closed system this will take care of any air in system on a open system it could break you heart trying to get a few rads back working because you filling from the top down on a open system

Reply to Do I need to refill loft tank after draining some rads? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock