Search the forum,

Discuss Do you have a phone full of other peoples bad work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonlight

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I was looking through my phone today, trying to clear up my storage and came across a few ringers. What pictures do you have on your phone that you don't mind sharing?

Yes, here is one.
Just use some 8mm microbore copper pipe to make a hanger for the heating tank. No base or other support needed. :)
Weird thing is the tank is in an upper attic of a cottage and never actually needed to be raised any higher than joist level!
image.jpg

Last edited:
Your job to change float valve then ;):p . You forgot to mention there is no water in it. Did you leave it like that?

Your job to change float valve then ;):p . You forgot to mention there is no water in it. Did you leave it like that?

Actually what you just said is sort of correct! I was called to an overflow there and I sorted the cwt valve, but the heating tank is impossible to get near, so I put a decent isolating valve on the mains supply pipe to the f&e tank, then left it turned it off and advised customer.

Why do people do that? Impossible to repair at a later date for someone else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Do you have a phone full of other peoples bad work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors for unclogging tho we never experience ours clogging up. Sure we had it clog up once and had it blown out with high pressure water from local plumber...
Replies
Views
Hey there, My organisation - the CIPD - is gathering work stories from people for a research project we're working and we're looking to get a story from a plumber. Anyone interested? The project is called Good Work Stories and its purpose is to spotlight job quality across different sectors...
Replies
Views
I was sent an engineer by Ideal Heating to fix a problem with my system. When he left he drove over a pot of sealing compound (which must have dropped out of his van) on my shared drive. My neighbour pointed it out to me since he was parked in her space. I tried to remove it with water and...
Replies
Views
First of all, apologies, it seems this topic has been posted but don't believe my specific issue is covered. So been living in my Victorian house for almost 10 years, no issues. Have 2 bathrooms, 2 loos that all go to a large underground soakaway, I believe. I can only see one soil vent pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello Yesterday my aqualisa shower sharted making a whirring sound and trickles of water came out of itwhen the boiler came on to heat up the water . When i went to try the shower it was dead. After turning it off and trying for most of the day it finally started. BUT only hot water came out...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock