Search the forum,

Discuss Do you need a power flush still with new rads in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

My Mother-in-law was quoted £1,000 by British Gas to do a power flush on her system as her rads aren't performing well.
I was wondering, as 4 radiators need to be upgraded to doubles, would this need to be done if they are drained off and replaced?
How does one actually know it needs a power flush?

Could someone roughly tell me what it should cost? Small 3 bedroom flat in London.

Get a quote from a local independent heating engineer with a good reputation. My advice would be to get them to replace the radiators and add a power-flush based on their recommendation once they have had a proper look at the system and its water.

Get a quote from a local independent heating engineer with a good reputation. My advice would be to get them to replace the radiators and add a power-flush based on their recommendation once they have had a proper look at the system and its water.
Agree. BG love to quote a powerflush.

Where in London? Perhaps someone on here can help?

Hardly surprising BG do a lot of power flushes company policy to upsell them.
Anyone that works for BG and 'sells' a power flush gets a kick back .
Few years ago it was £60 probably more now!

Reply to Do you need a power flush still with new rads in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock