Search the forum,

Discuss Does this bathtub drain look correct to you? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

og2020

unnamed.jpgunnamed.jpg

I had a new bathtub drain fitted and this is how it looks. is the plumbing maite used correctly? ive never seen it on the outside of a drain before. But I'm not a plumber so just asking for adviceunnamed.jpgunnamed.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not the easiest of drains to seal. But has a professional plumber done this? It's terrible!

I seldom do bathrooms but even I could do far better. its a rough job that is

Yep rough having left it like that. Enflow wastes like that can be a pig to seal but no excuse - standard bath waste ÂŁ3-4

Ah the dreaded banjo waste. Chuck it in the bin. No idea why they bother making those.

Very messy. They can be a pain to seal. But normally if you can keep you cool and percivere they do eventually.

Not the easiest of drains to seal. But has a professional plumber done this? It's terrible!
That's true not long ago I had one of those, I used silicone instead of plumbers mate ... first time I used plumbers mate instead of the paper seal inside the bathtub. But somehow it didn't want to seal so I had to go back there free of charge next day. Never again !

They are horrible wastes to be fair those ones, from Screwfix I believe (If I'm correct I'm rather sad and have been working as a plumber for too long!)? When we fit them (which we try not to, would much rather fit a decent Bristan one) they need silicon on the in 4 separate places to guarantee a leak free seal. Every washer gets a wee smear of the stuff.

it might be a horrible looking job but does it leak ?
if not, chuck the bath panel on and stop admiring it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Does this bathtub drain look correct to you? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am trying to help my mother in law by renovating her bathroom for her as it was in quite a sad state. The bathroom is a very poor attempt at a bedroom to bathroom convertion. So bad that it still had carpet over the whole floor, the area around the bathtub has no waterproofing what so...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the shower drain is actually extruded from the bottom of the shower base and I have concrete floor with the drain pipe rough in. I have the drain pipe...
Replies
Views
Hey, forum friends! 👋 Excited to introduce Master Drain Ltd, your go-to expert for top-notch drain installation and repair services. Here's what sets us apart: 🔧 Seamless Installation: When it comes to drain installation, precision is key. Our skilled team at Master Drain Ltd ensures that your...
Replies
Views
I wanted some advice and recommendations to attach an overhead shower or an handheld shower (basically a shower with which I can shower in the bathtub) that I can attach to the tap of the bathtub. I have attached pictures of the bathtub tap so you can see what I mean and advice accordingly. I...
Replies
Views
Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors for unclogging tho we never experience ours clogging up. Sure we had it clog up once and had it blown out with high pressure water from local plumber...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock