Search the forum,

Discuss Dog proof waste pipe... yes dog proof :-) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do quite a bit of work at a large Veterinary Clinic near me.

I've been asked to quote to do some more work. I need to fit a basin in the post op recover kennels. I have a cold supply, and they're going to confirm whether they need hot and if they do I'll use an instantaneous heater.

The problem I have is the waste. The only place to get rid of the waste is in one of the individual kennels. There is a soil stack and I can boss into it.

The problem is, ideally the waste and the boss really, need to be dog proof. If a large dog goes into the kennel, it could chew the normal plastic waste. The whole kennel is tiled so I want to avoid boxing it in.

I'm open to suggestions and tips from the good folks on here.

Thanks in advance

To be honest, I would just run it in plastic then box it in and tile. There's a hygiene issue with unboxed pipe i.e. dirt down the back etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dog proof waste pipe... yes dog proof :-) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi could anyone give advice please ? I went to look at a new build for sale they are apartments/ one house on top of another all properties will be privately owned by individual buyers, a guy on-site pointed out that the plumbing is wrong on the properties as a perspective buyer I’d like to know...
Replies
Views
Trying to connect up new 40mm waste into the old soil stack (which would be an absolute pain to remove), it's all Osma pipe, from the 70s. Pulled out the old waste from the boss and discovered the seal is pretty knackered, hardened and cracked everywhere (red coloured seal in the photo)...
Replies
Views
I'm a DIYer and have a problematic toilet setup to fix: The waste pipe was installed too high for waste to flow out from a standard toilet spigot, so I want to install a wall-hung toilet on a frame to get some extra height. To put it where I want it though, I'll need to rotate the bottom...
Replies
Views
Attached is a ground floor picture of the soil pipe in our home. There was originally a toilet which has now been permanently capped off and you can also see a sink waste pipe attached. My plan is to drill out one of the 50mm sockets directly opposite the current sink waste for a new 40mm...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock