Search the forum,

Discuss Drainage advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tjdservices

Gas Engineer
Hi, a developer I'm working for has had some contractors install some drainage. I've told him I'm not happy with it but I don't know enough about it to advise him 100%. There are 2
flats, one first floor 1 ground. They have bought the kitchen waste from the 1st floor down in 40mm which the downstairs kitchen sink connects into and then it goes to a 4 inch stub stack. I have told him in my opinion that all the pipe needs to be 4 inch with the sinks being bossed in from 40mm on there respective floors. I want to get him to change it and have told him i wouldn't be happy to just pretend I haven't seen it so my question is as there is no WC running into it can I advise him to upgrade the pipe to 2" or 3" as he doesn't want to lose the space 4" would take up. Cheers

At least 2 inch with an AAV would be my advice if no WC connected. All depends on horizontal runs really. If it's mostly vertical, should be no problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Drainage advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small 3rd floor flat, I have a radiator in the front room and one in the hall (very close to each other), there is a drainage valve on one of these. My back...
Replies
Views
Hello all! I'm a first time DIY-er and I am taking out a new build crappy vanity unit to replace with a wooden vanity with countertop basin. I'm at the demolition stage! I've managed to remove the old vanity and I've got a waste pipe in front of me going straight into the ground. I always...
Replies
Views
Hello I am fitting a kitchen in a new room without services. Looking to tile the floor so everything under the tiles really needs to be fit and forget. Looking for best advice on fitting drainage for the sink and dishwasher please. Photos of situation below. Sink will be under window and...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, Just looking for some general advise, I'm renovating my kitchen and need to disconnect my kitchen sink pipes while I re-plaster the room and wait for my new sink to arrive. So I need to temporary cap off the two below connections cant seem to find what is the best way to do this.
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the shower drain is actually extruded from the bottom of the shower base and I have concrete floor with the drain pipe rough in. I have the drain pipe...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock