Search the forum,

Discuss Draining system ( how to get all the water out) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im going to be relocating some pipe work in a kitchen in the next week or so.

Part of that will require me to dig up the concrete floor and re route the pipe by soldering a joint to the existing pipe work that gets dug up. ( this will need to remain below floor level)

My question is how can ensure the system is completely drained and dry? (Or at the very least in the area where I need to solder some joints to the existing the pipe work that I will dig up?)

I’ve drained the system before but the lowest drain off point I can use is a few inches above floor level which means there’s always that extra bit of water in the pipes that are buried in the floor.

Anyone got any tips to ensure the area is completely clear of any residual water before attempting to solder anything?

Wet & dry vac or if you have access to one a compressed air line

Cut the pipe and wet vac the left out in the drop

Thanks both. Dont have a wet vac but ive got a compressor.
Would you just use that on one of the pipes to blow the excess water out??

Yep you can get a wet vac for very little money. They are worth their weight in gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Draining system ( how to get all the water out) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to sort all of my rads and do some other bits including fitting a filter but I'm stumped on how to drain down due to how the system is put together...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler which was recently serviced just before Christmas. There has since been a constant but slow drip coming from the black nylon plastic drain plug at the back of the boiler which is accessible from the underneath. It does not appear to be from the thread...
Replies
Views
I have flushed a CH system removed each Rad and removed any residue of black sludge filled the system up and treated with inhibitor. However after 2 days the water in the Overhead tank is gone red. The Ground floor rads are piping hot and the upstairs are Luke warm bleed the rads still no joy...
Replies
Views
N
Hey DIY enthusiasts, Just wrapped up a drain installation and wanted to share some quick tips for a smooth project: 1. Plan Smart: Think about the slope, existing pipes, and ideal placement before you start. A good plan saves time. 2. Get the Gear: Collect all the tools and materials you need...
Replies
Views
Nasir Ahamed
N
I'm a complete notice and I working on my heatings motorised valves on my S plan system. I was modifying the system to add an arrester. Long story short, I made a bodge of the soldering due to persistent tiny water dribbling in the pipe being soldered which I overlooked despite the system being...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock