Search the forum,

Discuss Dual Flush Push Button on Toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pollycat76

The chrome dual flush button, placed centrally on cistern has a plastic screw like projection to which is attached a peg/clip. The outer surface of the button and the part inside the cistern seem to be held together with a white plastic screw/washer which has disintegrated and consequently the toilet permanently fills and flushes. I have seen some replacement dual push buttons online, but they seem to be connected in a different way with "rods". Can someone please tell me the name of the type of my dual flush and whether I should be able to just replace this part ? Thank you for any help.
Polly

Welcome to the forums Polly.
As there are so many different types on the market can you please post a photo(s).

Thanks for replying, sorry I do not have the flush button to photograph as my son took it to ask around the various plumbing supplies if it is available. The only extra bit I can add is that for the small flush the button has a single dot on top and the larger flush side has two raised dots, similar to Braille dots.

Sounds like more than one issue.
from what you have said I think most would just be recommending a complete new flush valve.
A button can cost nearly as much

Take a pic of the flush mechanism

There maybe a make and model number on the flush valve.

Buttons connected by a tube to flush valve, couple of plastic push rods going down from button, so many makes, models and choices.

Had to install toilet where the cistern pack did not belong to supplied toilet.

Get the valve and button together, or at least I have not seen any sold separately, I would've thought trying to get button or fixings uphill struggle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your suggestions and help, with a bit more googling etc, I have found it is a Wirquin Dual Push Button, old style. Now replaced and fingers crossed, all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dual Flush Push Button on Toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock