Search the forum,

Discuss Dudley cistern overflowing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Dudley concealed cistern with electroflo flush, and internal overflow. There seems to be a very slight leak into the bowl, not much - if I wipe the surface clean, a drop forms and runs down into the bowl after a few seconds. It's not much but it's building up a stain on the porcelain, so I'm assuming I have an overflow leak. But - the water level is not overly high in the cistern, and I can't see any drops coming from the filler valve. I guessed that the overflow is the white 'tube' cast into the body of the cistern - if so, the water level's nowhere near the top of that.
Is there a problem here, or is this normal?
Then there's the intermittent failure to 'long flush' by the electroflo...

Thanks,
Roger

most likely the seal on the flush valve is letting by slightly

Can you remove the flush valve to clean off any limescale and grit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dudley cistern overflowing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock