Search the forum,

Discuss Dudley syphon. Flushes first time but won't flush again for a few minutes although cistern is full in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dudley japtic syphon. The first flush works fine, the cistern fills up fully straight afterwards, but when you try to flush again it doesn't flush. You can try a few more times and it still won't flush. Leave it 3-4 minutes and it flushes fine again.
Should I just replace the syphon or washer part or is there something else that is so obvious that I could do to make it flush again once the cistern is full after the first flush?

What is the water level like should be a mark inside the cistern what syphon have you fitted (Turbo 88) or another sort.

The syphone in there is really old, I didn't fit it, it's not the turbo 88 I know it as a dudley japtic 9' syphon. When I flush it the second time the water in the cistern has risen back to being full it just takes a few minutes before it will flush again weirdly. It is a bit odd but that is really what happens.

I reckon the flap valve in the siphon has become stiff for some reason. You'll probably have to take the siphon out to be able to check it anyway.

Cheers all. I was checking to see if I missing a simple trick and trying to be overly economical, hard times and all that. I'll take it out and have a look to see if the flap valve needs replacing or the whole thing.
The dudley turbo 88 is just the more modern version that easier for maintenance work right?

Sounds like syphon is on its way out... Low level cistern and wc pan? Pipe between cistern and toilet? If so probably partially blocked with syphon washer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dudley syphon. Flushes first time but won't flush again for a few minutes although cistern is full in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Sorry I have sort of asked this before, tried professionals but not great 1st experience hence DIY attempt attempt again. 2 completely cold rad's, another one get pretty warm, flow pipe hot, return v.luke warm. (Both rad's I have manually flushed really well) Hot water works fine, boiler return...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that has previously been extended. In one of the bedrooms that has been extended there are 2 radiators, one which looks like it was fitted when the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am just about to move into a new build property. I took the water meter readings and they read 000000,620 I had a look around the property like you do and used the toilet. When I flushed it the water kept trickling into the toilet and not into the cistern. The cistern is built...
Replies
Views
I just installed a new Flomasta dual flush syphon in my concealed lever operated cistern. Works great and flushes well but once the cistern has almost filled you hear a single glug every few seconds for about a minute! It's coming from the pan but definitely not the waste/soil as there are no...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock