Search the forum,

Discuss Dura speed 70 - Hot water stopped working on shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, I moved into this house 7 years ago and the Dura speed 70 was already installed and feeds two showers and it has worked beautifully until now. 4 years ago I had a new Grant boiler installed. The plumber recommended changing the gravity fed system to pressurised and all has worked well. The radiators were flushed and a filter system installed to collect any crap. I hope the photos help but briefly, I was showering when the water suddenly went cold? I checked the shower pump and the cold side worked fine as the pump ran when the mixer was turned towards the cold, but if I turned the mixer to the hot side the pump did not work? The Essex flanged is positioned at top of HWT, which I assume is correct as the plumber changed the HWT when he carried out the work. I believe one photo shows there is a air pressure relief valve going into the top of the CWT (Not sure I have described correctly)... But I am worried that the HWT may have a build-up of air?

The heating system is working well but I have noticed the hot water tap in the kitchen has lost pressure these past 6 months or so?

My questions are:
1. Can one side of the pump fail or is the problem that not enough water is running through the pump?
2. Is the top of HWT full of air, causing pressure problems/water flowing to the pump?
3. Is the pressure drop on the hot water tap in the kitchen also caused by air in the HWT?

I am thinking about striping the pump down to see whether the impeller is sticking or the inlet filter is blocked?

Any advice would be much appreciated.... I have just retired and things are a little tight. I am practical minded and not phased by tackling small jobs. I have tried a few plumbers locally but they all seem too busy at the moment?

Attachments

• img_0366-2.jpg
    img_0366-2.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 5
  • img_0362-2.jpg
    img_0362-2.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 5
  • img_0365.jpg
    img_0365.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dura speed 70 - Hot water stopped working on shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock