Search the forum,

Discuss easy tap splitter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
both the same ones in a fancy case the others not

get a deep socket, ones that grip the flats of the nut 1/4'' drive.
then stick the impact driver in it ;)

get a deep socket, ones that grip the flats of the nut 1/4'' drive.
then stick the impact driver in it ;)

make sure you hold the tap tho

I thought gasman was a heating technician, not a leaky lad, I try to sreer clear of old taps n plumbing myself.

So is it a worthwhile tool for those times you get in a fix, or is it a DIY thing that only works when you're not a plumber and the reason you can't get it undone is just that you don't have any strength or proper set of ring spanners or similar, and then breaks when the tap is REALLY stuck?

I.e. any good for professionals or not?

Can you justify the cost of purchase and how often would you use them ? Been doing this job since the seventies & never needed anything like this

Could someone invent something similar for removing bath taps from old enamel baths.
My angle grinder is prone to cause collateral damage.

Could someone invent something similar for removing bath taps from old enamel baths.
My angle grinder is prone to cause collateral damage.

hard work and alot of swearing but haven't failed yet :D hate them

Is the set useful ? Im thinking to get one does somebody use it at all ?

i'm going to buy one. does anyoe know of a shed/scrufix type affair that stocks them or is it random online stockists only?

Did a few jobs with my friend who's a plumber / gas man

Went to put tap revivers on, stuck fast, pulled out the old tool (!) & he was very impressed. In & out 15 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to easy tap splitter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock