Search the forum,

Discuss electric shower problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bless

Hi i'v got a electric shower to take a look at tomorrow. it's got power running to it but no hot water. has anyone got an idea what the problem is?
Many thanks for any advise.

It'll cost more to diagnose and fix than replace. How old is the shower?

Or it could just be a ÂŁ20 part that needs replacing.

Yeah, and the labour charge for 2 visits repairing shower and the wait for the part. What's the point? May as well have a whole new shower.

Or it could just be a ÂŁ20 part that needs replacing.

Quite possibly. But I'd charge a min of an hour to diag and then another hour to replace said part. Why not just change the whole thing and get a better shower with a guarantee?

Yeah, and the labour charge for 2 visits repairing shower and the wait for the part. What's the point? May as well have a whole new shower.

Yeah true, you can get cheap showers for from ÂŁ50, which includes at least a years warranty.

Also you repair you are suddenly the unlimited warranty provider. Bang in a new one...up sell a water softener IMHO

And then there's some showers that don't have any serviceable parts, like the some of the Gainsborough range, where you have to change the entire 'engine'

why, I'm allowed to plumb in and connet a replacement shower. normally when they fail to heat up the have burnt out. other problem is over pressure valve giving way needing the little ball popping back in if you can find it. All other issues need parts ordering at labour v new shower costs apply hence new shower. remember sparkies and water dont mix, they do not like to be wet in their jobs:D

why, I'm allowed to plumb in and connet a replacement shower. normally when they fail to heat up the have burnt out. other problem is over pressure valve giving way needing the little ball popping back in if you can find it. All other issues need parts ordering at labour v new shower costs apply hence new shower. remember sparkies and water dont mix, they do not like to be wet in their jobs:D

It is a grey area which I am sure some boffins will be working out a way that they can charge us for a course, certificate or badge that " allows " us to do what we have done for decades. BTW don't get me onto electricians

If most jobbing plumbers checked their insurance if they touched electrics, it would be null and void unless trained to undertake.

Probably means the light on the pull cord is on therefore it must be the shower? Not necessarily. Take a pull-cord switch with you.

You've got part P then.

No just lots and lots of common sense and experience through years of work in this industry, and I gave up counting how many times Ive followed up after sparkies even those with a part P who leave leaking immersions (pretty lethal) and dont know how to wire up a s or y plan . Any more smart arse comments

check your inszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No just lots and lots of common sense and experience through years of work in this industry, and I gave up counting how many times Ive followed up after sparkies even those with a part P who leave leaking immersions (pretty lethal) and dont know how to wire up a s or y plan . Any more smart arse comments
how you know fuse and circuit is up to spec ?

Fit a new one, but cable will have to be current regs which is 10mm twin and earth. Triton Enrich is on sale at Screwfix for only ÂŁ50.

10mm. Why?
To take the load without overheating the cable. All showers of 8.5kw and above must be 10mm twin and earth minimum. If the cable run is a long one it should be increased to 12mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to electric shower problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock