Search the forum,

Discuss Electric shower starts then stops after 5 seconds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all, My electric shower isn't working. It starts for 5 seconds then stops. I have an unvented hot water immersion cylinder in the loft which says the benefit is no frozen pipes! Any ideas? I'm getting water ok from the taps.

The electric shower will run straight off mains so is it possible that pipe to the shower is frozen

Thanks Riley! My dad has just had a look and says it isn' an electric shower. It' fed by the tank in the loft. We've been in the loft and all looked ok. I'm getting water everywhere else. Think I'm going to have to call someone out.

Stick some piccys up is it via a pump in the airing cupboard or similar

Stick some piccys up is it via a pump in the airing cupboard or similar

Thanks, i've got these picks of the system and have a video of the shower stopping but can't upload it. This is up in the loft, and the shower is in the bathroom below.

20160702_162030.jpg

20160702_162107.jpg

If you turn the shower to completely cold and nothing then it’s likely a blockage. Maybe the filter entering the shower

Looks like no pipe insulation in attic, judging by some of pipes.

Looks like no pipe insulation in attic, judging by some of pipes.
Correct, I'm going to get that sorted. It's a newish property. None of them felt very cold when we touched them so didn't think it's a frozen pipe, but I have no real idea!

might be a strange question do you have gas heating?

Correct, I'm going to get that sorted. It's a newish property. None of them felt very cold when we touched them so didn't think it's a frozen pipe, but I have no real idea!

Makes you wonder how a new property was passed when no insulation is on pipes in an attic. Even in living areas of a house all pipes are supposed to be insulated really.

No, just standard

i would if you can look at having a night meter fitted as they you will be able to use the cheap elec at night to heat your water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electric shower starts then stops after 5 seconds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is leaking or not ...............so after showering, the shower head will drip fast for 2 hours, then drip slowly after that...........i put a bucket under the shower head to collect the water for 26 hours the first time.............then 19 hours the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hello. My mixer shower (non-electric) recently started running luke warm. I know this can happen at this time of year over winter but I've been in the property over 10 years and it's never been this bad before. The combi boiler was checked and is ok. The hot water from taps is uneffected and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock