Search the forum,

Discuss Electric shower starts then stops after 5 seconds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all, My electric shower isn't working. It starts for 5 seconds then stops. I have an unvented hot water immersion cylinder in the loft which says the benefit is no frozen pipes! Any ideas? I'm getting water ok from the taps.

The electric shower will run straight off mains so is it possible that pipe to the shower is frozen

Thanks Riley! My dad has just had a look and says it isn' an electric shower. It' fed by the tank in the loft. We've been in the loft and all looked ok. I'm getting water everywhere else. Think I'm going to have to call someone out.

Stick some piccys up is it via a pump in the airing cupboard or similar

Stick some piccys up is it via a pump in the airing cupboard or similar

Thanks, i've got these picks of the system and have a video of the shower stopping but can't upload it. This is up in the loft, and the shower is in the bathroom below.

20160702_162030.jpg

20160702_162107.jpg

If you turn the shower to completely cold and nothing then it’s likely a blockage. Maybe the filter entering the shower

Looks like no pipe insulation in attic, judging by some of pipes.

Looks like no pipe insulation in attic, judging by some of pipes.
Correct, I'm going to get that sorted. It's a newish property. None of them felt very cold when we touched them so didn't think it's a frozen pipe, but I have no real idea!

might be a strange question do you have gas heating?

Correct, I'm going to get that sorted. It's a newish property. None of them felt very cold when we touched them so didn't think it's a frozen pipe, but I have no real idea!

Makes you wonder how a new property was passed when no insulation is on pipes in an attic. Even in living areas of a house all pipes are supposed to be insulated really.

No, just standard

i would if you can look at having a night meter fitted as they you will be able to use the cheap elec at night to heat your water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electric shower starts then stops after 5 seconds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock