Search the forum,

Discuss electrical connections for Siemens RAM1 Cylinder Thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

didydave

I need to replace the immersion heater in a hot water tank, there is no boiler, and want to also fit a clamp on cylinder thermostat to make sure that the immersion heater does'nt over heat, as it has just done. The emmersion heater has three wire, L, N, and E. The Clamp on Thermostat has connections 1, 2, 3, E. As the immersion heater will be powered from a 13amp socket (on its own 15amp supply) any idea which wires go where? :confused:
Didydave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to electrical connections for Siemens RAM1 Cylinder Thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hiya, we had a new pressurised hot water cylinder fitted a few weeks ago even though its double the size of our last one we are finding we aren't getting any more hot water. So once the tank is full and the immersion has turned off and i touch the tank only the top half feels warm and the bottom...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an oil burner which is controlled via Tado to heat my home. My hot water cylinder is heated with water from the burner and also has a dumb immersion. I don’t use the immersion at all And would like to replace it. The burner heats the water in my hot water cylinder with a TRV valve...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a hot water cylinder which feeds 3 outlets (kitchen sink, basin in bathroom & bathtap) which has never had very good pressure (probably because of the set-up) but last year got so feeble that a guy suggested fitting a pump alongside the cylinder. This can work fine but then all of a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I have a 20 year old Megaflo CL250 indirect hot water tank that I typically heat with an oil-fired boiler. It has locations for two immersion heaters (one at the base of the tank and the other halfway up). Only the lower immersion is installed and the other (halfway up the tank) is...
Replies
Views
HI All My room thermostat (Digistat 1) gave up the ghost in the summer so I replaced it with a Digistat+3 (same backplate) It was fine until recently (it had got colder!) when I noticed that the radiators were not as hot as they used to be and the hot water was not as hot For example: I can...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock