Search the forum,

Discuss Emails from the forum in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hey all,

Just a quickie to let you know how to stop emails from the forum.

From time to time we get asked by our sponsors (we actually get asked by loads of firms but would only do this for sponsors that support the forum) to send you an email either with an offer in, or some news, or whatever. It's always about the forum, or an existing forum sponsor, and it will always come from one of our own email addresses, so [email protected].

It isn't spam, it's an email from the forum, and only Myself or Dave will send these emails. So they're always vetted by one or both of us before being sent.

However if you would like to stop Administrator Emails, here's how you do it.

Go here: http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/profile.php?do=editoptions
About the third setting down, remove the tick for "Receive Email from Administrators"

That stops all admin emails. We can still override this should we have some outage and need to tell you we are are back online or something else really important.

I thought I'd just keep you up to date on this. It has always been the case for years, but more recently when we're sending 10's of thousands of emails per batch, let alone per month, we are getting quite a lot of people assume things from 'I've never had an account with you what the hell is this' to a more normal 'unsubscribe' which we cannot do for you!

Obviously at any point should your own situation change and you not want to use the forum at all, then you can always message Dave or myself on here, and we will do it for you.

Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Emails from the forum in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey, forum friends! 👋 Excited to introduce Master Drain Ltd, your go-to expert for top-notch drain installation and repair services. Here's what sets us apart: 🔧 Seamless Installation: When it comes to drain installation, precision is key. Our skilled team at Master Drain Ltd ensures that your...
Replies
Views
I recently read a post / comment whereby there was a recommendation that if you are away from your home more than 24 hours, then you should turn the water off to avoid potential catastrophic damage. When I go away I have always tended to turn ours off, that's typically anything from a couple of...
Replies
Views
Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6 other radiators and 2 bathroom towel radiators are just normal valve s. We live in a 4-bed, 3 storey house, as converted loft. Common problems were...
Replies
Views
We had the bathrooms replaced when we moved in 2 years ago. This involved 2x bathrooms and 1x WC. Within the first few weeks, we noticed leaking from the en-suite down into the reception room and the fitter promptly came and repaired it, it was something to do with the area under the sink. We...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have two indirect water cylinders (Gledhill) connected to a gas boiler (Vaillant). The system is setup/programmed so that the tanks heat up twice a day for about 2 hours. When the tanks start to heat, one of them makes a loud vibrating noise, sometimes for about 15-20 mins, sometimes for...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock