Search the forum,

Discuss Employers liability insurance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalked

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Decided that I would take on a new apprentice. I have the usual public liability, tools insurance etc. Rang up to add on an employee, and they want £995 extra!

have tried another company that will do the lot for £970, but as I only renewed my insurance 2 months ago, they want a cancellation fee.

anybodt recomend a differnt company, or could tell me how much they pay for similar.
thanks

were with trade direct and there the cheapest around have you tried them?

Will do.
I used to have 8 guys working for me, it was 10 years ago. But paid about £650 then

they key is "apprentice" you can add a few 000 on the extra above a normal time/ qualified person as there more of a hazard

Just renewed mine after letting my apprentice go, last year it was £460 with 1 mil public and 10 mil employer
This year it's £350 for 1 mil public and £2500 for tools, both times with Axa
Tried Trade direct but they were dearer

Just renewed mine after letting my apprentice go, last year it was £460 with 1 mil public and 10 mil employer
This year it's £350 for 1 mil public and £2500 for tools, both times with Axa
Tried Trade direct but they were dearer
Did you go with axa direct?
Tried trade direct. They wanted £1150 for similar cover.

Did you go with axa direct?
Tried trade direct. They wanted £1150 for similar cover.

I've been with Axa for years, but every time renewel comes around I go on the comparison sites and get them to match it
This year Axa came up as the cheapest anyway
Just checked and it was £345 and a few pence for this year with tool cover
Tool ins covers theft from van or site and also if I loose them (as in if I leave them on a job or on the side of the road while loading the van) the second example I seem to do more frequently lately :wheelchair:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Employers liability insurance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I've recently qualified as a gas engineer , for the time i was training at the college , i was working as a apprentice for about 6 months. For these 6 months i was assisting on many types of jobs including basic plumbing jobs like gas runs, taps and toilet installs but majority focused on...
Replies
Views
Hi All, So something may be slightly different to the usual posts and looking for some advise or whether anyone has been in a similar predicament and how have you overcome it. I’m a wife of a heating engineer - who has recently started out full time (2 years ago self employed 15 years...
Replies
Views
A colleague is forming a new company but is having a devil of a time finding quotes for Employers Liability Insurance. To rephrase, the quotes are there but it appears not without taking a"small Mortgage out". Hearing the figures are quite unnerving. If anyone can offer advice on realistic...
Replies
Views
I would like advise on what is the fair price for a public liability insurance cover (what covers damage up to £2.000.000)? and I would like to know if there is a company that anybody could refer me to? Thank you
Replies
Views
hi guys, I was self empolyed not now I'm now got a full time payee job! but my public liability insurance will be running out end of this month. How does it work for updating my public insurance? But I still keep my self employed business open for carrying out existing customers gas work that I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock