Search the forum,

Discuss EON Tarriff help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ivrytwr3

Just moved into a new property and as i understand from posters here, my set up is not very good! In an ideal world where i had the spare cash i would do as some have suggested and get the hot water added to the boiler - but at present there is no spare cash!

So, i have a central heating system that is powered by a gloworm ultimate boiler - works nicely. And a hot water system that is only heated by an immersion heater.

The previous occupants stated that the most economical way to run the system was to have the boiler set to constantly 'on' - house is always warm and does not require re-heating if you keep switching it on and off.

The top switch of the immersion heater set to constantly 'on' - same reason as above.

My tarrif with EON is currently Elec - E.ON HeatWise EnergyPlan and gas E.ON FixOnline 3.

There is a £35 quarterly charge with the elec plan and the meter has 5 different readings! When i spoke with EON, they want to come out and replace the exisiting meter with another one that will only give 2 readings, day and night, and will then allow me to put gas and electric onto the FixOnlie 3 tarriff.

------------

If you have stuck with me through all that (and understand what i am trying to say!), i have no idea about this and would like some advice from you, as professionals, as to what i should be doing!!

Many thanks!

There is a school of thought that is you leave the heating on year round but set to the lower temp, maybe 18degC, that the bricks and concrete floor will absorb and release the heat efficiently enough to make it worthwhile, but - it would need to be a decent build, air tightish and tests have shown it to save money.

As for the HW, it really depends on how many people are using the system and how often, if you heat it on E7 though the night for the morning, you all have showers on that and leave it off till the next night - thats the cheapest way. However if you have kids that need baths or you like to bathe in the evening or use the water for washing up etc, then you will need it on at least twice, however unless your using the water all day I personally wouldn't heat it all day.

I've no idea about the tarrifs, but changing to a night/day meter makes sense to me - if your going to heat the HW overnight that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to EON Tarriff help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock