Search the forum,

Discuss Essex Van Thefts - 40 vans in 4 days - share this!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
AN organised crime gang is believed to be targeting vehicles across the borough in search of tools after more than 37 cars and vans were broken into in four days.

One woman told how her carpenter husband has been left unable to work after thieves snatched £3,000 worth of equipment.

Eleven of the 37 vehicles which have been broken into since Sunday are Ford Transit vans.

Thieves targeted four of them in Laindon - in Woodstock Crescent, Merrylands, Basildon Road and Church Road. Another two were raided in Pebmarsh Drive and Sugden Avenue, in Wickford.

Vans parked in Beams Way, Billericay, Forest Glade, in Langdon Hills, Panadown and Vermont Close, in Basildon, were also broken into.

In each case, tools worth at lease hundreds of pounds were stolen from inside.

Three Ford Transit vans were also stolen from Wimbourne, in Laindon, the A127 in Basildon and Nobel Square, on Basildon’s Burnt Mills Industrial Estate.

Jennifer Hutton, of Church Road, Laindon, said her husband has been left unable to work. Thieves targeted his van between 11pm on Saturday and 12.30am on Sunday.

She said: “The vehicle was locked and parked on the driveway. My husband is a carpenter and approximately £3,000 worth of tools were stolen. Edward is now unable to work as they are the tools of his trade.”

Insp Andy Parkman, from Basildon Police, said: “We don’t have an exact figure but thousands of pounds are believed to have been stolen.

“It’s very likely that the same people are involved and are specifically targeting Ford Transit vans, but we don’t yet know why.”

PC Marek Jaworski, from Basildon’s community policing team, urged van owners to park close to houses when the streetlights are switched off.

He said: “We are making owners of Transit and similar vehicles aware of an increasing trend of attempts to break into these vehicles overnight.

“Across the Basildon district there has been a recent rise in offences of this nature and we are currently analysing these reports to identify any links.

“We would ask owners to please be vigilant and follow basic safety advice. Where possible, remove all valuables from vans overnight. This is not always practical, so where items need to be left in the vehicle please ensure the vehicle is locked and positioned in a busy area where possible.

“We are all aware of part-night lighting which means many areas are in darkness between 1am and 5am. With this in mind owners should look to park vehicles close to houses or areas which remain lit where possible.

“Our officers are patrolling each night to locate those responsible and would ask for the public’s help in reporting any suspicious activity to us.” Call Essex Police on 101.

National craze for the thieving scrotes this, around 6 weeks ago around 30 vans around Bradford were done in one weekend

It's terrible really. It's akin to robbing a guy's house really if it's his life.

They make it sounds like that carpenter bloke didn't have his tools insured. Big mistake dodgy gits are everywhere..

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate these people with a passion. It's hard enough to earn money as it is. Let alone with no tools.

• Agree
Reactions: Dan
But the feckin keys are sold on the internet for Christ sake.

• Agree
Had mine done a yr last Jan ( a few grands worth) and another 3/4 within 1/2 mile of me. Also around another 10 or so within a 3/4 mile radius, all transits, all the same night, none damaged as a master key was used (which is/was available from the internet)

Well documented but most of them get in by bending the side loading door top down , guys up here are sticking carpet grippers on the top of the door , I would rather leave a rottweiler in the back

Are these all areas where Council Saves money , by turning off
" Already energy efficient Lights " to lower light polution targets !

• Agree
disgusting , you work hard only to have your earnings stolen by tinks aaaarrrgh

• Agree
ford security seems to be crap just watched this video how they steal your van.probably be better changing the locks and fit an alarm with motion sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Essex Van Thefts - 40 vans in 4 days - share this!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock