Search the forum,

Discuss Evo HE boiler hot water running hot and cold *help* :) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

olivia rickman

Hi There,

I have an Ideal Evo HE combi boiler and the central heating is working fine but the hot water is having some issues. It is running hot and cold and after it has been on for about 20 seconds the error code 'HA' comes up on the boiler. It used to run very hot but no longer. The pressure is fine.

If anyone has any advice on what is happening or how it could be fixed I would much appreciate it.

Many thanks in advance,

Olivia

Hi, have you checked the DHW thermistor, I couldn't find the fault HA. Only H3 and H9 that ( H3 DHW thermistor) and (H9 Heat exchanger) but specifically the flow stat contact to the pipe. Check resistance

at 25 degrees expect 9.700 -10.300 ohms
60 degrees expect 2.400 - 2.600ohms
85 degrees expect 1000 - 1100 ohms

good luck

Thanks Moonlight, it also had previously had the error code L9 and in the manual is suggests that it is a problem the thermistor and over heating. Would I be able to test this myself with basic DIY skills?
Thanks again

Only if you are a gas safe engineer, as you will have to take the case off the boiler

You are not GSR and not to remove the boiler casing and do anything on the boiler get a gas registered engineer in to carry out the works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Evo HE boiler hot water running hot and cold *help* :) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Hope you can help We have a Gloworm Ultracom 38CXI combi boiler. During the Summer the taps and mixer shower run hot water consistently hot for as long as need be, but now during the Winter when the radiators are on the taps and mixer shower will run hot for only a few minutes and...
Replies
Views
I have a 2 pump hot water tank (Flomax 180L fitted in '94) in airing cupboard system with an Ideal classic boiler (downstairs next to an external wall) which for the most part seems to provide excellent hot water. The central heating also works fine - though sometimes I think the radiuators...
Replies
Views
Hi I've seen a previous thread that is closed now regarding this subject but the end result I could not see. Our Shower runs hot for 30 seconds then cold. I have changed the thermostat and it still runs cold after 30 seconds. If we run the hot tap it is better but at best, luke warm. We have a...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hello, We hade a problem with our hot water not working in one of our bathroom's (all other outlets were working) Therefore we got the Thermostatic Shower Valve changed and everything was working again. However a few days later, both hot and cold no longer works for the bath and the hot...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock