Search the forum,

Discuss Expansion Relief Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am relatively new to installing and repairing unvented cylinders, having worked largely on vented systems up until now. Today I have come across a megaflow that has a TPRV but no Expansion Relief valve on the inlet. Is there ever a situation where the ERV isn't required or does not have to be fitted? Thanks for your help.

John

Are you G3 registered?

Hi John.
I assume you are G3 qualified? Can't really give much advice about unvented on forum other than basic.
I would think the pressure relief valve is also required. Somebody has maybe removed it, or very likely never installed it at installation. Ring Megaflow tech to confirm.
If you had a water supply that was say, only 2bar max incoming, there would still be a risk that the mains supply could increase by the water authority later, so still requires that extra safety feature.

Cheers.

That's what I thought. The d1 pipe has 2 pipes going to the tun dish but 1 was capped off which is why I wondered if it was ok or not.
J

Should have one normally between the pressure reducing and the cylinder inlet

If there is one on the MI's then there should be one on your install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Expansion Relief Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock