Search the forum,

Discuss Expansion Vessel and water hammer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, I've just been asked that if someone has a tap which shuts of the water abruptly, such as the cartridge valve taps and water hammer occurs, would fitting a small expansion vessel close to the tap relieve this? To be honest I have no idea but I can find the logic to this question.

Any ideas folks? Thanks.

Yes it can help sometimes but not in all circumstances.

It depends what the cause of the hammer is to be honest.

Have you checked the mains stop tap ?
That's always a good starting point.

You could fit one and maybe you'll hit jackpot first time but it's not a definite cure !

It should do the trick. The air will compress and water will not. It like putting a damper on Newton cradle.

Good morning, I've just been asked that if someone has a tap which shuts of the water abruptly, such as the cartridge valve taps and water hammer occurs, would fitting a small expansion vessel close to the tap relieve this? To be honest I have no idea but I can find the logic to this question.

Any ideas folks? Thanks.
It also could actually just be the cartridge.

Any ideas folks? Thanks.
if you read my post started 22.3.17 see if it sounds similar to your water hammer. i fixed it by fitting a double check valve really close to the stopcock . { house side} easy job and cheap! £5.85 from toolstation. hope this helps!

If it's a fitting or fixture then non returns would suffice or if it's pressure problem causing it then a shock arrestor .

a lot of times the quater turn cartridges are causing issues like this but I agree to the above of @kris has said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Expansion Vessel and water hammer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock