Search the forum,

Discuss Expansion vessel connector / pressure valve replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.

I need to replace a expansion vessel as it's leaking and and the same time I would like to relocate it within the same cupboard. I have done a fair bit of plumbing work over the years (good standard DIY'er) so the job itself looks manageable but I have a couple of questions. BTW, I plan to replace it all (vessel, gauge etc..) while the system is empty just in case.

My current setup (see photos) has a separate pressure valve but all of the new vessel connectors seem to have it included in the connection assembly.

Could I simply plumb in a new connector with an integrated valve and remove the one and cap or modify the pipework to get rid?

Secondly, I don't see any pipework heading outside as a pressure valve overflow so I would assume my existing valve would just open and let the water out into the airing cupboard? If that's the case could a new integrated valve be do the same? I don't see why not and other than making a mess would be the same as now.

Thanks for your help

IMG_1042.JPG

IMG_1043.JPG

You could buy only a new vessel and use the existing fittings. As you are repositioning it, you will need new olives and some pipework obviously.
That vessel in incorrectly installed and should have been fitted with the water end upwards - in other words, the gauge end in photo should be the top

What boiler do you have ?

The valve in pic 2 is an Auto air vent.

That's why there's no discharge pipe.

The discharge pipe must discharge somewhere other than a cupboard where it'll would get rather hot, steamy and wet.

Thanks Snowhead.

The only discharge pipe I can see is next to the boiler, I attached a picture. I assumed it would need to come off that connection but maybe not?

IMG_1044.JPG

That relief valve is okay if it still works and if the discharge pipe from it is terminated to outside properly.
The connection at the expansion vessel for a relief valve can then be just plugged off and probably is on your existing work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Expansion vessel connector / pressure valve replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock